You can save time if you have the following items with you when you visit your lender. Depending on your lender, you may be asked for other information.
1. Social Security numbers for both you and your spouse, if both of you are applying for the loan.
2. Copies of your checking and savings account statements for the past six months.
3. Evidence of any other assets such as bonds or stocks.
4. A recent paycheck stub detailing your earnings.
5. A list of all credit card accounts and the approximate monthly amounts owed on each.
6. A list of account numbers and balances due on outstanding loans, such as car loans.
7. Copies of your last two years of income tax statements.
8. The name and address of someone who can verify your employment.