With six AdvancED accredited K-8 schools in Palm Beach County, CSUSA offers parents and students a safe and inspiring atmosphere with a variety of core, elective, gifted and extracurricular classes and activities focused on individual growth. As part of our curriculum, we also offer unique programs that enhance and strengthen students’ learning experiences in preparation for middle, high school, college and beyond.
The Leader in Me Program
Based on Stephen Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Effective People model, “The Leader in Me” program has been tailored and rolled out to children and students in over 500 schools worldwide. At our Leader in Me schools, we focus on teaching skills needed in today’s global society, such as:
- Personal leadership
- Initiative and self-discipline
- Ability to work well with others, cross-culturally and in teams
- Effective communication and listening
- Problem-solving, and creative thinking skills
Ultimately, our goal is for our students to discover the leader within, instilling values and skills early on so they may positively impact their school and community today and tomorrow.
The Cambridge Program
At CSUSA, we know that college preparation is vital to a student’s overall educational and career success. This is why we offer the Cambridge Program, an international, pre-university curriculum and examination system that covers a vast array of subjects to prepare students moving from primary and middle to high school and to college. The program offers students a variety of opportunities such as the following:
- K-8 curriculum that is designed to help teachers and parents gain a greater understanding of their child’s abilities, strengths and weaknesses and which areas to focus on
- Ranges in subjects from mathematics, science, social studies, languages, and topics beyond the core classes
- Encourages students to research and investigate, helping them apply knowledge and skills to a real-world setting
- Helps students create excellent study and writing habits, rewarding them for positive achievement or what they know, understand and can do
- Opportunity to obtain internationally recognized Cambridge Diploma for college applications
Academies – Pre-Engineering, Pre-Business, Health & General Medicine Academies
Known as a school-within-a-school, our academies offer students an enhanced, hands-on curriculum that connects academic subjects with a particular career field. At Renaissance Charter School at Cypress, we offer three academies that help prepare students for high school, college and successful careers.
- Features project-based curriculum designed to challenge and engage the natural curiosity and imagination of middle school students
- Industry certified in Word, PowerPoint, & Excel
- Student envision, design and test their ideas with advanced workplace software.
- Rollercoaster engineering connects Physics with real-world applications
- Learn & develop communication skills in a variety of formats and contexts
- Use of technology and current software programs to link business curriculum to real-world applications
- Understanding professional & ethical responsibilities in society
- Developing leadership skills
Health & General Medicine Academy
- Core academic courses lined to health care and general medicine
- Integrated courses that eliminate the compartmentalization of subject areas and helps students make connections between courses and real life
- Accelerated, Honors and regular courses
- Work study program with mandatory volunteer experience required
- Earn CPR & AED certification from the American Heart Association
We know your child can learn beyond the core math, science, social studies, language and reading classes. Which is why we offer these programs and courses in art, music, technology, foreign language, physical education and outside extracurricular activities such as sports, art, band, Spanish club and many others. Each student also receives a personalized learning plan that speaks to their strengths, weaknesses and growth opportunities. Teachers and parents monitor their student’s progress to ensure that everyone is involved in the process and students feel confident and supported. Computer labs, iPads and Smart Boards in each classroom are implemented to target students’ specific needs, including students with special needs.
At CSUSA, we treat your child’s education personally, knowing that their excellence is our success.
To learn more, visit www.palmbeachcharterschools.org or call 1-866-KIDS-USA.